2020 Environmental Gathering Idea Talk: Indigenous Protected & Conserved Areas
- $10.00 - Single Ticket Price - Suggested for Students & Individual Participants
- $20.00 - Single Ticket Price - Suggested for Participants from Nonprofits
- $50.00 - Single Ticket Price - Suggested for Participants from Government or Corporate
Canada is working to meet its commitment of 17% conserved areas by the end of 2020. New creative measures have been developed to help meet these goals. Join Kecia Kerr from CPAWS Northern Alberta, and Matt Munson and Fred Didzena from the Dene Tha' First Nation as they share the relatively new concept of Indigenous Protected & Conserved Areas (IPCA) and what it takes to develop the first IPCA in Alberta.
Learn about the 2020 Environmental Gathering and view the full schedule here.
- Registration closes 36 hours in advance of the event. We hope this gives you enough time to decide if this event works with your schedule. Please be advised that due to the nature of the 2020 Environmental Gathering events this year, we are unable to offer ticket refunds.
- These events are live on Zoom! We encourage people to be present and participate in these interactive sessions. Sessions may or may not be recorded.
- We endeavoured to make the 2020 Environmental Gathering events as accessible as possible with a sliding fee scale. If you may need bursary support to attend one of the events, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Attend Virtually
Registered participants will receive the Zoom link and session material (where applicable) directly to their inbox 24 hours before the event starts.
Alberta Ecotrust 2020 Environmental Gathering Event Registration Policy
By purchasing a ticket to the 2020 Environmental Gathering, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Refund Policy: Due to the nature of the 2020 Environmental Gathering events this year, we are unable to offer ticket refunds.
- Ticket Transfer: Due to the nature of the 2020 Environmental Gathering events this year, we are unable to offer ticket transfers.
- Code of Conduct: The 2020 Environmental Gathering is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, or religion. Alberta Ecotrust does not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. At the sole discretion of Alberta Ecotrust, and without a ticket refund, we receive the right to expel from the event, anyone that we determine is violating the Code of Conduct and/or behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the event or any other event participant.
- Photo & Video Release: Alberta Ecotrust uses photographs and videos of our events in our promotional materials on our website and social media channels. By virtue of your attendance at the 2020 Environmental Gathering sessions, all event participants agree to the use of their likeness in these materials.
- Liability: Alberta Ecotrust and the 2020 Environmental Gathering will not accept liability for damages of any nature sustained by attendees or accompanying persons, or loss of, or damage to their personal property as a result of the 2020 Environmental Gathering or related event.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.